What Is Safely Back To Work WA About?
What are the ideas that undergird #SafelyBackToWorkWA? Hey, thanks for asking! This needs to be thoughtful, reasonable and doable. If you agree with these as is, share them with the hashtag. If you think there needs to be some modification, comment here and let’s talk about it. So here’s what we have so far.
- We must continue to keep the pandemic curve flattened. We don’t want to see an increase in deaths and need to take actions to minimize risk, particularly for the most vulnerable.
- We must immediately deal with the economic pandemic. The economic pandemic will destroy many families and careers and also will have a death toll. Businesses care for our staff, clients and suppliers as much or more than anyone.
- Government has a roll but bureaucracies are too slow to do this alone. The Private Sector is experienced at turning on a dime and knows the marketplace specifics better than Government. We must bring our shared expertise to this problem. We must advise government and advocate for immediate safe return to work.
- We have the knowledge of scientists and medical professionals, as well as the experience of essential industries that have continued to work while the curve has been flattened, to guide us. We take all of these factors with the utmost seriousness.
- We do NOT advocate a careless flip of the switch back to old pre-covid behaviors. We do not accept however that we can’t create procedures that will allow a safe return to work for almost all industries ASAP.